Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 19th, 2024, 5:03am
Quote: My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people - Orson Welles

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hanging kitchen wall units!? (Read 5048 times)
NBS
GDPR opt-out

hanging kitchen wall units!?
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:34am

Diy novice here. Have just received 2 additional kitchen wall units, 2 years after developer kitted out our kitchen. Just don't see how the supplied (Hattich make) wall fittings work! No instructions were supplied.

Have metal brackets already fixed to the back of the unit at the top to the sides, which are screw adjustable for height and depth I think.  There is a metal plate which I guess is to be fixed to the wall. I assume that the unit should then be lowered down so that the brackets hook over the metal plate and it just hangs there?! Is that right, it just hangs with no actual fixing of the unit to the wall?

Also there seems to be no space to fix a baton to the plasterboard for the metal plate to be fixed to, as the metal plate seems to be flush between the unit and the wall. A baton would mean that the unit would not be flush to the wall. Surely I can't fix the metal plate straight to plasterboard?!

Am very confused. All advice appreciated.

IP Logged

lovejoy
GDPR opt-out

Re: hanging kitchen wall units!?
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2008, 3:44pm

yes it hangs on the plate, drill through the plasterboard into the wall and use long screws, if u take down the 1 next to it u can use a spirit leavel to get them all in line

IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135
For This Post: 0

Trade: Joiner

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2008, 6:03pm

NBS this is what you need to fit to a plasterboard stud wall. Because it is so long it will fit behind both units and you can screw it to the battens wherever they are. Don't just rely on screws into the plasterboard Shocked Grin

http://www.woodfit.com/product_info.php?products_id=193&Name=Cabinet+Hanging+Rai...

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

lovejoy
Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2008, 10:04pm

sorry was asuming it was a dot and dab wall

Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

woodsmith
Global Moderator
Trade Member
Author

Total Thanks: 135
For This Post: 0

Trade: Joiner

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2008, 10:29pm

Quote:
sorry was asuming it was a dot and dab wall

Hmm and I was assuming it was a stud wall  Undecided we could be both wrong if it is a Paramount plasterboard wall Grin

Thank User For This Post View members image gallery  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print