Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Welcome To Ask The Trades!
May 6th, 2024, 12:38am
Quote: I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT Versatility ISDN 2e Fault (Read 4155 times)
gurk
GDPR opt-out

BT Versatility ISDN 2e Fault
Jun 13th, 2011, 5:14pm

Hi!

I've been assigned with the task of adding a DDI to our BT Versatility system at work, the DDI number setup was painless and I was able to set up a group for the DDI number to ring exclusively, no problem there, however for some reason lines 1+2 cannot receive or make calls now, any phone gurus out there have any idea what could've gone wrong?

Best,
Graeme

IP Logged

gurk
GDPR opt-out

Re: BT Versatility ISDN 2e Fault
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2011, 10:53am

Here's some more details of the fault.

When buttons for lines 1 or 2 are pressed to get an outside line the phone appears to work as normal but there is just silence, i.e. no dial tone.

We have 2 x ISDN 2e boxes and I've tried swapping the RJ45 cables across (as suggested in another thread on this forum) to test if there's a problem with the incoming lines, however the system behaviour was still the same.

Edit: I must be losing my marbles as I swapped the cables again and the fault moved so now lines 1+2 work, I guess this indicates a line fault and not a system programming issue. I've logged a fault with the supplier, fingers crossed!

I've also tried swapping the 2 red cartridges around but once again the behaviour still remains the same.

Both accesses are set as P>P and are configured as T interface, in fact the settings for both accesses are identical. I've tried both accesses as P>MP seperately and together but to no avail.

Edit: The T/S settings on the handset allows only the setting for access2 to be modified, as I was using the Versatility software I hadn't noticed. Not sure if this is normal.

I'm beginning to feel that I've tried most of the options with no improvement, I even undone the work to set up the DDI and that made no difference.

I think I can feel a bald spot growing on my head!
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2011, 1:20pm by gurk »  

IP Logged

Lectrician
Administrator
Trade Member
Author

Ask The Trades

Total Thanks: 109
For This Post: 0

Braunton, North Devon, United Kingdom
Braunton, North Devon
United Kingdom

Trade: Electrician

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2011, 5:26pm

Sounds like you are doing it mathodically, so not much to add.

When you change the P>P / P>MP settings and To /So settings, you need to perform a cold re-boot (power down).  Settings will otherwise remain the same.

Need to post a picture? Click HERE for info!
Thank User For This Post WWW View members image gallery  
IP Logged

gurk
Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2011, 11:38am

All fixed now, it turned out to be an external fault which just happened to rear it's ugly head at the same time as I added the DDI number!

@Lectrician: Thanks for the tip, I found that changing the P>P/P>MP setting on the programming handset automatically re-booted the system and with the software editor it automatically re-boot when disconnect was clicked. I also found your answers in other threads on this forum proved very useful when fault finding.

Best regards,
Graeme
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2011, 4:21pm by gurk »  
Thank User For This Post  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print